Sunday 19 September 2010

Panduro's Box

From October 2nd I'm taking part in Habo's konstfest, a local show where the region's artists and crafters get to display their work for a week. The venue is perfect - Spinnet - a revamped disused factory where wool was once spun. I'm so excited about this and am busy preparing my jewelry and my photographs.

So when I found out that Panduro, the art and craft suppliers, had a major sale on, I couldn't resist stocking up. I bought some lovely cultured pearls and hammered metal rings which I know I will be incorporating into some new designs. I also couldn't resist Panduro's fyndlåda, or bargain box, a box filled with mystery items for 99 kr, but apparently with a value of at least 400 kr.

While I was pleased with my other items, I was less than thrilled with the contents of the 'bargain' box. It included many of my pet hates in jewelry supplies: wooden beads and my number one dislike - tacky gold-colored acrylic beads. Yuck.

But as Alice pointed out, these boxes are probably filled with items that haven't sold. i.e. stuff nobody else wanted or liked. So now I know.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Ye, those beads in the bargain box wasn't nice...