Friday 4 March 2011

Friday's moan

A major gripe of mine is companies and and businesses who don't look after after their customers and who provide poor customer service. One of these companies is the Swedish communications company Telia, my telephone and internet provider.

Yet again my telephone connection is not working and I can't receive or make calls. When it happened last time I reported it via their internet site and it took them 2 days to reply, by which time my phone was already working again. This time I decided to call them via my mobile, a pay-as-you-go, but thought it would be worth it if the problem got fixed more quickly. I was placed in a phone queue with 18 calls in front of me. After 20 minutes I was number five in line, when the call just disconnected. Very annoying! So I have had to contact them again via internet. I won't hold my breath for their answer. Their broadbroad leaves a lot to be desired too, with regular breaks in the connection.

Will I receive any compensation for intermittently being without a landline? For them not providing the service that I am paying big money for? No, of course not. You apparently have to be without a connection for 15 days before they will compensate you for lack of service. This sucks, Telia.

As a consumer, I suppose the only power I have in this situation is to put my money where my mouth is and look for another provider when my current agreement is up.



The photo shows a piece by the British artist Banksy, which I felt was fitting for this post!

No comments: