Sunday 21 August 2011

Market day

I have done a few craft shows now, but never a market. So when I saw Mullsjö market advertised a couple of weeks ago I rang up the organisers and booked myself a spot. As I don't have a huge inventory (I usually make to order) I quickly got to work, to get my stock levels up.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

The day before the market things were NOT looking great weatherwise. It rained non-stop all day and was windy and cold and I was seriously thinking over if I should even take part or not. But Saturday's forecast was better, so Alice and I drove up there Friday evening to pitch the (specially purchased) tent in the cold drizzle. It was going to be an early start Saturday so I figured this would be one less thing to do.

Photobucket

Finally the thing was up, after a bit of swearing and some frazzled nerves. Unfortunately, due to storm winds during the night the thing blew down. But it didn't take us long to peg it down again with the help of a couple of burly male stallholders on Saturday morning. Soon my stall was set up and people started to come:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That's me!:

Photobucket

There were a lot of visitors, especially during the morning and I was fairly pleased with my sales. It also gave me the chance to plug my up-and-coming-and-opening-soon website joony.se to all customers! In the afternoon it brightened up and when things calmed down and people started to leave, I left my trusted assistand Alice in charge of the stall (working for me for 10 percent commission I may add!) and took a few general snapshots.

All these photos were taken on my phone, so not great quality.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is not something I could do regularly! But now and then it's a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Anneli said...

Vaaa!! Vi var där men såg inte dej! Var stod du någonstans?

Me said...

Vi var längst bort från parkeringen. Synd att vi missade varandra :(