Saturday 6 August 2011

On the grill

Saw a recipe in a women's magazine for grilled tortilla wraps that I had to try out and I loved them. As always I 'tweaked' it a little to adapt to what I had in my fridge. Ingredients for 4 wraps:

tortilla bread
1 avocado
half a red onion
mozzarella cheese
grated cheese
mache lettuce or rocket/ruccola
cherry tomatoes
fresh basil leaves
lemon or lime juice
salt and black pepppar

Chop all the ingredients and lay them on the tortilla. Sprinkle with lemon/lime juice and season with salt and pepper.

Photobucket

You may want to put a little less filling in them than I did!

Photobucket

Roll them and secure with a couple of toothpicks and lay them on the barbecue for a few minutes each side until browned. Keep an eye on them though, as they don't take long.

The mozzarella melts and becomes lovely and gooey.....

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

de ser mycket goda ut. då vet jag vad vi ska äta till helgen!

Linda

Me said...

It's helpful to me to post my favorite recipes here too. I'm going to make them again and couldn't remember all the ingredients or the magazine where I'd seen the original recipe!

Me said...

I also tried them under the grill and as long as you secure them with toothpicks and watch them carefully as they don't take long, then they should be ok. I grilled them on both sides.